Opportunity via UtrechtInc
What’s in it for you at SnappCar?
Did you know that in Europe over 250 million cars are standing still up to 23 hours a day? We believe that inefficiency leads to waste! That’s why we want to change mobility from car ownership to car sharing. How? By providing a fully reliable and user-friendly car sharing marketplace enabling people to rent out their cars in an easy and fun way.
And it’s working! SnappCar is a rapidly growing scale-up on its way to becoming the leading car sharing community in Europe. Our mission: we want 5 million fewer cars in Europe in 2022 to reduce pollution and create more space. That’s why we’re coming to work every day. A bold but achievable goal. So snapp more, waste less!
At SnappCar you’ll be working in a creative, energetic and international environment. Our team members take great pride in what they do to make an impact on the world. We all work hard and play by our core values:
✓self-propellingness ✓dare to choose ✓be brutally honest ✓think opposite ✓stay foolish
What we like you to do
You will be a key member of our Core Leadership Team (reporting directly to the CEO), responsible for SnappCar’s technology roadmap and architecture across all countries. You will ensure that our platform’s performance, scalability and service-oriented architecture continue to evolve as we scale up internationally. Our current technology stack mainly consists of .NET. Node.js, Angular and our team started to shift the platform towards microservices. You’re excited about driving this shift, able to define where the technology stack should go and execute on translating this vision into reality! So, help us scale SnappCar to the next development phase!
What’s your focus
- join our Core Leadership Team (CLT) and be an integral part of SnappCar’s vision, strategy and execution;
- develop and own the future-proof vision and roadmap for SnappCar’s technology stack and architecture, together with our lead developers and Chief Product Officer;
- play a key role in improving and optimizing the product development process in an Agile environment;
- collaborate closely with product managers and business leads in cross-functional teams and with our international teams in Germany, Sweden and Denmark;
- design and implement our internationalization strategy to ensure our products can grow into any market;
- mentor and guide a team of top-notch engineers across all levels to execute on this vision and roadmap by making sure software engineering lifecycle best practices are followed (infrastructure, QA, etc.);
- scale our engineers from a small to mid-sized team working in a microservice architectural environment;
- recruit, interview, hire, inspire and retain world-class technical teams;
- improve our people processes to further build a high-performance engineering culture of accountability, quality, agility and fun;
- educate yourself on the latest technology trends to ensure our success!
What you bring to the table
- a Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent study;
- at least 7+ years experience as a hands-on technology leader in a P2P or B2C marketplace start-up / scale-up environment. Capable of coaching (international) development teams effectively having worked with one or more of the following:
- Backend – .NET, Node.js
- Frontend – Angular, Java (Android), Swift (iOS)
- Database – MongoDB, SQL Server
- DevOps – AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Analytics – Redshift, AWS, Mixpanel
- a data-driven way of working and strong knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/Lean);
- fluent English communication skills and Dutch, German, Swedish or Danish are a big bonus;
- your excitement about defining how new technologies in the mobility space, such as in-car technology, can enhance our services, experience and platform to the max;
- a strategic mindset with a pragmatic approach and the ability to thrive under pressure in an ever-changing environment with multiple deadlines;
- a ‘getting things done’ and result-driven mentality, you do not take ‘no’ for an answer;
- focus on building, structuring and coaching engineers to deliver on time and on spec. Being able to deal with Lead Developers who think they know best 😉
- a collaborative personality with the natural ability to easily connect with everybody;
- your intrinsic connection with collaborative consumption and our core values: self-propellingness, dare2choose, brutally honest, think opposite and stay foolish!
What we offer you
- being part of something big in the mobility space & sharing economy and making an impact on the world;
- an expat-friendly environment with a bunch of creative, driven colleagues (over 10 nationalities);
- a great HQ in the centre of Utrecht, one of the most beautiful cities in the Netherlands (a 20-minute train ride from Amsterdam);
- an attractive benefits package with a stock option plan (OTE) befitting of this role in a scale-up;
- flexible working hours and unlimited vacation days;
- free SnappCar credits so you can get a shared ride yourself;
- delicious daily lunches and free snacks, fruit & drinks;
- bootcamp and pilates classes for a healthy body and mind;
- lots of fun, teambuilding and celebrating successes together!
What’s that? Are you in?
Great! Please apply by uploading your CV and a spot-on motivation why you believe you are our CTO! You’re welcome to contact me, Maarten Reeders, via email@example.com or +31 6 122 218 51 if you have any questions upfront. I’m ready to tell you all about this challenging role and SnappCar’s exciting scale-up ride!