Opportunity via Fitmanager
Fitmanager is a fast-growing company from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We provide innovative business software for gyms, yoga teachers, personal trainers and event organizations all over Europe.
We offer a SAAS solution for membership administration, scheduling and registration, online payments, Direct Debit, reporting and finance management as well as communication and marketing. Our software automates all crucial processes and communication so these busy small-business owners can focus on training and serving their customers.
Our goal is to turn Fitmanager into a worldwide online sports platform, helping trainers and organizers to work more efficiently and get more people to participate in sports. We have a strong growing client base, and a strong roadmap to further extend our products, and professionalize our technology platform. To make that happen, we are looking for a medior to senior PHP Developer to join our team.
- PHP and understanding of object oriented design and MVC frameworks
- Experience with (virtual) development environments like Vagrant of Docker
- Git & Git workflow
- Database design and experience with MySQL
- 3-10 years of experience
- Bachelor or Master in IT or related technical study (like Mathematics, Physics, Electronics)
- Independent, strong analytic skills, enthusiastic and driven
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructures
- Expert in PHP frameworks like Laravel or Symphony
- Experience with Unit testing or Continuous integration solutions
- Previously developed financial or administrative systems
- Front-end programming language (Angular)
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
- Active sports practitioner
What we offer
A challenging full-time position in a small and enthusiastic team. We believe in constant learning and improvement, and allow you to set your own course to complete your job. You will get the chance to build essential software used daily by thousands of people, and the opportunity to take responsibility and ownership of your work, allowing you to grow as a professional within our company.
Being part of a small team means that you also need to be flexible and innovative. Together with our CTO, main developer and app developer you will be building new features and improving our existing application framework and infrastructure.
Example tasks on what you can expect are:
- Build new features for our calendar and booking system
- Set up and automated testing framework
- Extend member and subscription management
- Add new payment methods to our payment integration service
- Refactor outdated libraries in service classes / frameworks
- Extend our messaging framework
- Database optimization
- Create new online financial and marketing reports
- Research and solve bugs
- Set up (internal) marketing and support dashboards
Your focus will be at backend development, but you can also be asked to support with some basic front-end tasks if needed. Next to developing features, we are constantly improving our processes and quality controls, and will expect that you take an active part in that part.
Send your resume and a motivation to Vincent van den Tol at email@example.com or contact me at: (+31) 6 41298581